Non-Production Job Opportunities
Non-production department opportunities, to include professional and leadership roles: Please send a statement of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Marwin regularly hires General Laborers, Assembly Line Associates, and Machine Operators.
Get hired on the spot!
Come to our walk-in job interviews specifically held for General Laborers, Assembly Line Associates, and Machine Operators every Wednesday 5:30pm-7:00pm!
- QUALIFICATION: High School Diploma/ GED or 7 years of related experience; Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
The role of Sr. Buyer for The Marwin Company will work with the Purchasing Director to ensure production materials are on hand and sourced at the best price to support business demands. The Sr. Buyer possesses experience in a manufacturing environment and has mastered procurement standards and procedures, including negotiation skills for sourcing and buying materials in advance and ad hoc. The Sr. Buyer understands and is guided by the Purchasing Director to work with Operations and Sales team members to support short- and long-term forecasting needs. The Sr. Buyer employs advanced critical thinking and writing skills in the development and evaluation of more complex requests for proposals, materials/commodities, and services. The Sr. Buyer is proficient using automated procurement systems, and assures invoice payment by monitoring the process from initiation of purchase order through the receipt of the goods or services and billing from the vendor or supplier.
- Remain current on The Marwin Company’s Goals & Missions and ensure compliance in area of control
- Follow the Company’s policies and standard operating processes
- Use of excellent ethical business practices and good judgment in all dealings
- Remain current in market to understand the economic and other trends that could impact the market
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external customers, vendors, and suppliers
- Prepares and receives bid specifications
- Prepares requests for quotes and purchase orders
- Identify varied sources of materials and services
- Evaluate bids and recommend awards to Purchasing Director
- Develop standards for new products/materials and update for current
- Maintain regular contact with vendors and continually nurture relationships
- Maintain comprehensive descriptions of available materials and current pricing
- Expedite ordering and delivery process
- Oversee min/max inventory items for recommended purchasing needs
- Work closely with the Inventory Manager and other Buyer(s) or Admins support to keep up with material trends at our 3 locations
- Participate in inventory cycle counts
- Under the direction of the Purchasing Director assist with coaching, mentoring and developing fellow teammates
- Learn critical duties requiring attention and fielding in absence of Purchasing Director
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/ GED or 7 years of related experience; Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
- 7-10- years of previous buyer experience in an evolving environment
- Experience with purchase order systems
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited direction while managing competing deadlines & multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite required (Excel- moderate to advanced)
- Positive, organized and enthusiastic with ability to influence others
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter good attendance and good collaborator
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and effective listener
- Ability to support, communicate and model The Marwin Company’s Vision, Mission and policies
- Must use excellent ethical business practices, and good judgment in dealings
- Decisive with high level of problem-solving skills, critical thinking ability to choose effective alternative courses of action as required