R-5 Energy Saver Insulating PackageThe only R-5 certified attic stairway made in the US.
R-5 Energy Saver Insulating Package
- Factory installed certified R-5 insulated door system
- Extra 1/8” hardboard cover to protect the insulation from damage (code requirement in some areas)
- Factory applied “Bulb” type, perimeter weather-stripping
- Taped edges around the insulation to protect and minimize R-value loss
- Meets or exceeds the new energy code requirements
- The Marwin Company "R-5 ENERGY-SAVER" insulating package means your stairway is ready to install without any insulating problems or wasted time.
- Our factory installed insulating panel is more durable and less likely to become damaged. Damaged insulation reduces its efficiency.
- Our factory applied weather-stripping has the following properties:
- Helps reduce air leaks and can withstand temperatures of up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Assures a proper seal, by remaining pliable, with low memory retention for long lasting service. Other PVC weather-stripping may become stiff and crack or split.
- Is securely fastened and won't peel off or curl-up like most adhesive backed, field applied, "foam" weather-stripping.
The Marwin Company "R-5 ENERGY-SAVER" insulating package can be easily added to any model stairway. Select any of our Wooden or Aluminum models and ask for the "R-5 ENERGY-SAVER" insulating package at the time of order.